1. Playing my music in Nashville.
I have been playing small writers nights with my friend Erin Pauling, whom I met through my roommate, here and there for a few months now. That just consists of Erin getting small 4 song spots at the writers nights, and I play guitar for her... usually 2 or 3 songs and then I play my songs to fill the 4 song set that we do. It's been fun and crazy--especially the first time I ever played 2 of my songs in Nashville. I felt to small and accomplished all at the same time.
I also got the privilege to play my first 30 min set at Ugly Mugs Coffee on the 28th of March. (I tried to advertise... but incase you might not have heard) Sara was able to come up from Hotlanta with my new friend, Meredith, and a bunch of other people I know around Nashville were able to come. And I am so grateful for the support!! It was a crazy night with tornado warnings and angry rain that kept a few friends from coming unfortunately, but I had a great time :)

I'm currently trying to book more venues, and I'll let you all know when that happens! I should tell you that if you're not doing anything August 10th at 6pm, and you're in Nashville or could be in Nashville, that I'm playing at Ugly Mugs again for a 25 min set! Please come!

2. Um... other cool things?
My friend Erin Pauling reserved a "writer's room" yesterday at ASCAP, so I met up with her there to write a song. (A writer's room is just a room that's painted inspiringly... with a few pianos and a table. People rent them all the time here to write their hit songs. haha) I felt so "Nashville" walking into the building that's located on Music Row to write a song. ahh crazy! My purpose to be there was to help Erin write a song; to be the second song that we've written together. We were successful! yay!
Happy Easter tomorrow!! May our hearts sing this song:
Jesus paid it all, All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.
I hear the Savior say, “Thy strength indeed is small;
Child of weakness, watch and pray, Find in Me thine all in all.”
For nothing good have I Whereby Thy grace to claim,
I’ll wash my garments white In the blood of Calv’ry’s Lamb.
Jesus paid it all, All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.
And now complete in Him My robe His righteousness,
Close sheltered ’neath His side, I am divinely blest.
Lord, now indeed I find Thy power and Thine alone,
Can change the leper’s spots And melt the heart of stone.
Jesus paid it all, All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.
When from my dying bed My ransomed soul shall rise,
“Jesus died my soul to save,” Shall rend the vaulted skies.
And when before the throne I stand in Him complete,
I’ll lay my trophies down All down at Jesus’ feet.
Jesus paid it all, All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow

No comments:
Post a Comment