Wrote this for my sister Alyse's wedding to a great guy named Brad. Recording coming soon!
"This Is Real" by Megan Aldrich 4/4/11
Give me a love that stops the minutes
Give me a love that loses time
Oh let me walk by your weary side
And I'll let you walk by mine
Give me a love that lasts forever
Oh give me a love all my life
Brave the storms where the shadows fall
Sparks of us be the light that shines
I thought I was fine on my own
But then you startled me to see
That life is better when there's love
And love consuming everything
The realness of the scene
That plays out now is more than
Written pages acted out in varied ways
That life should surely be
Give me a love unarmed, defenseless
I will give you a love fortified.
This took me about 3 hours total to write... a little bit yesterday and a little bit today. Praise God for another song! I had been thinking about this song for months, since Alyse and Brad asked me to sing at their wedding, but just never could write it. There's a time and a place for everything under heaven and earth, so finally I have the song.
I know it doesn't say the words "this is real" in the lyrics, but I wanted to write a song about real love and not a fluffy love song. I think I accomplished my task pretty well, I hope. Anyway, I hope you like the lyrics, and when I get it recorded, I'll post a link to it! Blessings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment