I was looking around in some old files today and found a folder of a few random writings and some songs that I wrote in Nashville. Here are a few poetic lines that I wrote some 3 years ago. I liked it when I read it again today, so maybe you will too. (I'm pretty sure I had been reading through 1 Kings 19 at the time... )
"You're not the clouds, you're not the rain.
You are the beauty in the pain
And I will wait for you
'Cause the stones they sink, and towers fall
The harder things, in truth, are small
Give me eyes to see
A shifting of perception is what I'm looking for
A view past imperfection's core
Where brokenness brings wisdom "
**Megan Aldrich 2009**
Praying for things is dangerous because when we pray for things, especially of the heart, the Lord surely hears. He cares for our hearts the most, for that is what he holds in his hands.
"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”
- Jeremiah 29:12-14
Like I said before, asking for things of the heart is dangerous because in this, we are really asking for trials. Trials are never fun. They're trials. But the beauty that can be seen, after a trial, that fills our hearts with wisdom, love, and change is to be cherished. For we are never alone in these hardships, but the Lord is the one who lifts us up and keeps us going with hope when we look to the truth of the promise of his Word.
**God is in control**
"...In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” - John 16:33b
**We are the children of the Father of Love**
"My son, do not despise the LORD’s discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in." - Proverbs 3:11-12
**God understands our struggle**
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."
-Hebrews 12:2-3
**The benefits of trials far outweigh the hardship**
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." - James 1:2-5
And finally, the Word, who is living and active, reflects my heart in Colossians 2:2-3
"My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."
So to you who find themselves in the midst of a trial; know that the Lord you serve is good. He loves you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. If you find yourself in the midst of trial, praise our God who is good. And "...continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose." - Philippians 2:12b-13
Thursday, April 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment