Friday, December 12, 2008

Thoughts on Living Fully.

Live in love, live with passion, live with kindness, embrace community, live humbly, never lose sight of beauty or hope, cling to joy, for God is all these things.

How do you live life FULLY?? Sometimes living fully in the way you perceive it to be, is difficult. Things get in the way, and hinder freedom in the things you strive for. So we wait. We wait patiently for the Lord. I wait to be released to live in the fullness of the Lord, the fullness that the world tries so hard to repress.

What the heck am I talking about? Well I'm still struggling with my current job. I'm working here for a reason. What is that reason? How long will I be here? Will I be able to come home for Christmas or will I be working the day before and after, like Thanksgiving? Sure I'd quit... but what'd I do when I got back? I guess the frustration is that work has pushed itself to the top of my priorities without my permission. It's not more important than family and friends and especially God but it keeps trying to tell me it is. Money is dumb. We do so many things and make so many compromises to get it so we can live, and in that process, some of us get lost and don't end up living at all.

I pray that some day soon i would be able to commit my time to something other than work. Like church ministry. This is my prayer and my desire, to use myself and my gifts. To be as iron sharpening iron with others around me. I'm sneaking parts of that in my life now. Getting involved on Sundays. I'm excited about this.
Have you ever been in a place where you get excited about the littlest things? I guess I may have always been like that, but embracing it even more is good.

I just don't like wasting time, or that's how it seems to me currently. I like to jump in and getting going, even if it's just in the beginning process. May the Lord conform my will to His.

"But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. 10He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, 11as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our[a] behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many." - 2 Corinthians 1:9b-11

So I say again, to myself: Live in love, live with passion, live with kindness, embrace community, live humbly, never lose sight of beauty or hope, cling to joy, for God is all these things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Megs,
Send me an email with your email, ckopicky@gmail.com
miss you, lets chat soon
Christin