I've been trying to write new songs lately but have come up empty. So I posted a note on Facebook asking for ideas for songs. Some of you may have already replied and thanks for that! I never really do any collaboration so this will be fun! I met with my friend Julianne today for coffee and song idea discussion time. It was great! It really got the juices flowing! I have not put any
music to it yet, but we wrote a fun story-song today that I'm very excited about. It's called "Coffee" and this is how it goes...
_____
Old man Francis Eddleburg
He stood up five feet small
Sat drinking morning coffee
In the dreary fall
Slowly he was rocking
On planks of wood so smooth
Breathed in a breath of coffee
with steam, a veil to prove
It lingered up from surface black
To tease the nose above
But thwarted by the whiskers,
Flight diverted like a dove
Francis, on his nose so big
Sat frames with pane of glass
Swooped in the bird of consequence
Shading lakeside view alas.
----
...I like it :)

Amy, me, Sara, & my roommate Ann

Sara and I

No comments:
Post a Comment