Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Call To Give

Apparently, Nashville has a shortage of blood, and I would guess that other places do too. So, I want to ask everyone to give blood this month, if you're able. The American Red Cross says that 60% of the population is able to give blood, but only 5% actually give.

I am not affiliated with anything medical, but I believe in giving blood, if you can.

Don't know if you can give, or have other questions about donating? Click HERE to see if you're a part of the 60%, and for other FAQ's on the American Red Cross's website.

Is there something you need to do before donating? Here are a few tips for a good donation experience.

Where do I go to give? Well, follow these links and find out!
American Red Cross
United Blood Services
Other Donation Centers

I can tell you that in my experience, giving blood is easy. Ok, this isn't the case with all people-depending on who you are, but it might be. My last donation took me 5 minutes to pump out a pint of blood. I'm a quick drain, I guess. Still not sure? Look into it and read over information.

So sometime this month, consider donating life, and continue to give. Remember, blood donation doesn't have to be a one-time thing. Go by yourself, bring a friend, or bring many friends! Tell others and together we can save lives.

No comments: