A year can seem long and short all at the same time. This past year, living in Nashville, has been both; long while living most of it out, and short when I look back on it. Technically, I've been here for a year and almost a month. Now, come Friday morning, I continue my adventure by moving it to the Rockies. Denver will be my new home base of adventure. I have certainly learned a lot here in Nashville, and as I sit in my favorite coffee shop, which I'm sure you've heard me mention too many times (Ugly Mugs), I do find myself sad to leave the people and friends that I've gained here- because they're awesome. BUT I also find myself excited to move on and get out a stagnant place. I pray this is the case in Denver.
I will leave Nashville with a new knowledge of how "music" works, and having met some great people to help me along with that, and a renewed knowledge of the truth of who I am. I am the Lord's and he is mine. He cares for me. He wants the best for me. He expects me to look to him for guidance, and he will guide me. Even in the "bad" places, I can be an encouragement to others, and even how I live my life at work can share the Gospel of peace and love with my actions and words with others. And most importantly, it's not about me. Praise the Lord!
When I first thought about starting over in a new place again so soon... I was exhausted. It takes a lot to get connected in a new place, but then I was encouraged. I'm aware that I have a vision for community, and it's something I fight for, so I will not worry. And praise God because I have a job. Something that has been a long time prayer, as with other friends in the same situation. Thank you to those who have prayed for me. Together, we've bugged God enough :) I will bug God for you too. Well I expect to be in Denver on Monday the 28th, moving into an apartment in Aurora. I'm excited. My job starts the next day. Let the craziness begin!
So, through all the good and the bad this year, sometimes one outweighing the other, I've experienced a truth that I knew. The truth which I knew in my heart, but from a place that was easy to say. And now I continue to say it, having gone through probably the toughest year of my life, thus far. That truth is this: GOD IS GOOD. No matter what goes on in this corrupted world, God is good. So I press on. And I finish this post with scripture, because my words are just mumblings, but the words of the Lord are living and transcend generations.
Philippians 3:12-15
12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
15All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16Only let us live up to what we have already attained.
1 Timothy 1:15-16
15Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment