Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lately...

Well, I've been working a lot lately. It's been good to have something to do during the day, but also a little crazy since I've gone from doing absolutely nothing to filling many hours in my day. Work is good. I like my coworkers, they are very nice and we get along. Nice to have some people to talk to, also :) So yeah, I'm learning how to make the many specific drinks that we make at SBC. I'll enjoy my job even more, i'm sure, once I've gotten the hang of things and don't feel helpless anymore. Such is with starting a new job.

I was able to write another song last week! I hope to record it soon. ....Did I already write about this in a post? oh well. I like this new one a lot. One of my favorites to play on guitar, being that it's more guitar driven. I'll tell you when I have it up on my myspace :) 2 new songs in a month is a very high number for me. I hope it continues! I have a friend here that is friends with another musician girl that's my age and is trying to get into the Christian music scene also. My friend is determined to have us meet and have jam sessions. That would be fun. I hope to maybe tag along with her or someone else soon so I can play a set. Apparently it's difficult here to book yourself for a show if no one's heard of you, which makes sense I guess. Unless you are playing a set with someone else. So I'm excited for when I play my first show whenever that'll be.

Here are a few differences between Arizona and Tennessee...well, Nashville anyway: 1. every night at 11pm, all the streetlights, except for at main intersections, blink yellow in the dominant traffic direction, and blink red in the non dominant traffic direction. I thought there was a power outage the first time I saw it. I was confused... haha 2. Obviously, there's daylight savings. Weird. and 3. Grocery stores don't sell wine or hard liquor. Just beer and wine coolers. I noticed that there wasn't an alcohol section like normal, so I asked a clerk about it, and apparently you have to go to a liquor store. Which I guess keeps everyone but creepy people from buying wine and/or hard liquor. Because when I think "liquor store", I think creepy dirty people hanging around it, that maybe you need a weapon to protect yourself from. Wow that sounds horrible. But maybe that's just Arizona liquor stores! haha I think that's all that I found odd.

I've decided to be a runner like 2 weeks ago. So far, I am. It's good, but hard. I hate running, but love the idea of it. So I'm going to push through the hard part and maybe get to the juicy stuff in the middle soon... Like a coconut. Right... It's getting more fun little by little.

I feel like I'm writing about nothing, but I guess I'm just writing about my thoughts and goings on in life lately. Blogging is weird. Who knows if there's a right or wrong way to blog. Whatev's.
More EXCITEMENT to come! Probably...

1 comment:

Miriam said...

oh megan. i love it. love reading about your life.
I remember when we moved out here and there WAS liquor in the grocery stores. I was real scared all the high school kids could just go steal it like that. :)
ok, not really. but it is strange the west coast/east coast differences. Do you notice that people don't call interstates "the" 40 or the "the" whatever..we just say I-40, as in interstate fourty. I personally like saying "the 40" makes me feel like I am from California or something...